ITPEnergised (ITPE) is a world-leading consultancy offering energy, environmental, engineering, technical advisory and renewables asset management services.
Our private and public-sector clients include utilities, developers, investors, funders, governments and regulators. We have unmatched experience, providing our services to onshore and offshore energy, property and urban regeneration, transport and infrastructure and corporate clients.
We have a first-class in-house team, supported by our network of associates, allowing us to adapt our offering to each geography and the specifics of every project on a case-by-case basis. Our staff enjoy working in a friendly and supportive environment with an emphasis on continuing professional development and career progression.
We’re offering a unique opportunity for a highly motivated mechanical engineering graduate to join our Bristol-based team. This is the ideal position for someone who is ambitious, client focused, versatile and with strong engineering and problem-solving skills. We will provide:
- A competitive salary dependent on skills and experience
- 24 days holiday plus public holidays
- Staff support, mentoring and training
- Flexible and autonomous working
- Pension scheme and share option scheme
The successful candidate will help ITPE to manage and deliver projects by providing high quality commercially-focused engineering design and consultancy services within budget and to deadline. They will be approachable and enthusiastic as well as able to communicate effectively and knowledgeably with clients and colleagues that have varying technical background and understanding. The successful candidate will have excellent written and oral communications skills in English, including report writing and production of technical design documentation.
The role would suit a recent graduate and will include engineering design and proposal preparation.
The majority of the work is anticipated to be in the UK although there will be a requirement to travel both nationally and internationally.
- An appropriate mechanical degree qualification
- Knowledge, and preferably experience as well, of engineering design, specification, integration and implementation of renewable energy systems in the UK
- Proficient in general engineering tools and software with some programming skills (e.g. Matlab, Simulink, MathCAD and Excel)
- Experience of engineering tools such as Autodesk Inventor and FEA software.
- Can demonstrate technical and analytical skills with excellent problem-solving capabilities
- Be able to manage own workload, be proactive in managing projects and be able to provide support to ITPE’s marine team
- Can demonstrate versatility and the ability to work outside area of competence
- Ability to travel nationally and internationally at short notice
- Be personable and a team player
- One or two years’ employment experience in engineering would be advantageous
- Experience of working with technical design standards
- Experience working on projects in the marine environment
- Understanding of worldwide electricity markets and renewable energy policy
- Understanding of project development processes for infrastructure/renewable energy projects
- Have a full clean UK driving licence.
Applications (your CV and a covering letter) must be received by the 15th of December 2017 and emailed to: firstname.lastname@example.org with “Offshore Recruitment” in the subject box.