We are seeking full-time field ornithologists for surveys to inform the planning applications for wind farm schemes in south- and mid-Wales.
We are looking for organised and reliable candidates who are self-motivated and flexible regarding working hours. All applicants must hold a full, clean UK/EU driving license, and hold a relevant degree/qualification.
Candidates should have at least 2-3 years of relevant ornithological survey experience and be able to demonstrate compliance with the following core competencies:
- Excellent ornithological identification skills (including raptors, geese, ducks, divers, woodland, freshwater and estuarine bird species).
- Fully competent in undertaking a suite of ornithology surveys to established best practice standard (as endorsed by Scottish Natural Heritage) for on-shore renewable developments, comprising vantage point, point count, transect and walkover survey techniques.
- Holder and/or named agent of a Schedule 1 bird licence.
- Effective communication of survey findings and implications to project managers and Ecology Team Lead.
Other competencies that are desirable to the post, but are not compulsory, include:
- Good knowledge of UK and European wildlife legislation.
- Scoping, planning and managing survey work.
- Ecology survey experience.
- Excellent report writing skills.
- Membership of (or be able to apply for) the Chartered Institute of Ecology and environmental Management (CIEEM) (Grad or Associate).
Salary and benefits for all positions are negotiable depending on the candidate’s skills and experience.
Direct applications to Mikael.email@example.com
NO AGENCIES PLEASE