ITPEnergised (ITPE) was formed when Energised Environments Limited acquired Bristol-based IT Power Consulting Limited. ITPE is a trusted advisor providing client-focused, commercially minded, energy and environmental consulting services to clients in onshore & offshore energy, transport & infrastructure, property and corporate sectors.
We deliver feasibility, environmental planning and technical support on environmental assessments for a range of developments. Key areas of specialist advice include the feasibility and consenting phases through to post-submission support and construction environmental management.
By understanding our clients’ expectations, financing and attitude to risk through screening, scoping and environmental impact assessment (EIA) we help to optimise the approach to achieving consent, with deliverable conditions and a buildable project.
“I have used the services of key personnel at ITPE over a number of years and will continue to engage them as my preferred choice for environmental consultancy. I have the utmost confidence in their expertise and professionalism….”
Andrew McMurtrie, CEO, Stoerhouse Highland
We pride ourselves on providing a level of detail to meet the needs of the client in an easily understood and technically robust manner. We have an excellent understanding of the planning requirements and strong relationships with the regulators to ensure we are able to navigate the most expedient path to a consented project.
Our noise services include:
- Ambient monitoring in accordance with BS4142 and BS7445
- Background and compliance monitoring of wind farm noise in accordance with ETSU-R-97 and Institute of Acoustics (IoA) good practice
- Vibration monitoring
Noise impact assessment
- Transportation noise in accordance with DMRB
- CRTN and CRN
- S4142 industrial noise
- BS5228 construction noise
- Mitigation advice
- BREEAM inputs for acoustics
CadnaA noise propagation monitoring
- Industrial noise
- Wind farms
- Mines and quarries
- Oil and gas, onshore and offshore
- Underwater acoustics
- Compliance monitoring
- Expert witness.
Selected project experience
Residential and commercial developments
We have undertaken numerous assessments of residential and commercial development across the UK. Assessments have considered the potential impacts of road traffic and plant noise associated with new development, including detailed noise propagation modelling of road traffic noise, car parking and associated combined heat and power schemes.
We have extensive experience of wind farm noise impact assessment, ranging from single turbine applications to Section 36 schemes.
Experience has included:
- Background noise monitoring in accordance with ETSU-R-97 and the IoA Good Practice Guide, both in true background conditions and for cumulative assessments
- Noise propagation modelling of turbine noise for single schemes, cumulative assessments and curtailment mitigation
- Noise impact assessments as part of a wider EIA
- Expert witness
- Compliance monitoring
IPPC / environmental permit compliance assessments
We have extensive experience of noise assessment in support of new IPPC / environmental permits and compliance with existing permits. Experience includes:
- Ambient monitoring to determine background and site specific noise levels
- On-site monitoring to inform noise source inventories
- Noise propagation modelling and source apportionment
- Noise attenuation specification and cost-benefit analysis
- Noise management plans
- Verification monitoring
Oil & gas, mining, urban development and infrastructure projects
Various international clients
We have undertaken noise impact assessments of international developments. Project experience includes East, West and Southern and Central Africa, Middle East, Eastern Europe and the Caucasus Region. Projects have been undertaken to both local and IFC World Bank standards.
Project experience includes baseline monitoring and local capacity development, stakeholder engagement, source inventory preparation and detailed noise propagation modelling.