Instream Energy Systems is a pioneering developer of hydrokinetic systems for near shore tidal and inland applications.
Instream’s approach, focussing on multiple, small, floating devices as opposed to large, bottom mounted turbines, significantly reduces installation costs, increases system reliability (through ease of access) and reduces project risk. Their market leading vertical axis turbine has been co-developed with BAE systems.
ITPEnergised has a long-term framework agreement to support Instream Energy Systems with their turbine and platform design as well as project development and implementation in the UK.
This has included:
- UK market study
- Costing and valuation exercise
- Site identification and resource assessment (identifying 52 sites)
- A commercial development plan for the technology, including supply chain considerations.
- Project descriptions and support with funding and seabed leasing applications
- Platform design, focused on the arrangement of multiple turbines on a single platform taking into consideration performance, cost benefit, and operation and maintenance.
- General development support