Outline Role Description
We hope you will consider joining ITPEnergised (ITPE). We want you and the business to be successful and for ITPE to be a stimulating and fun place to work. We believe passionately in the world’s transition to net zero, and our global coverage, international specialists and ‘trusted advisor’ approach have earned us an outstanding reputation with clients across sectors, technologies and geographies.
The role of Principal Consultant for Regulation Services is highly important in ensuring the business continues to thrive and grow, always with a view to our passionate aspiration of supporting the world’s transition to net zero. As with any role in the business, there will be a requirement for adaptability and flexibility, with an emphasis on our core values:
- Entrepreneurial & innovative
- Client focused, developing long-term relationships
- A people business
- Technically excellent in our service offerings, with a focus on adding value
- A fun place to work
Your role will focus primarily on:
- Supporting clients as they apply to National Grid Electricity System operator to connect generator projects, assessing costs of connection
- Experienced understanding of the Use of System charges and how they apply to generator connections
- Technical and commercial application of the TNUoS zones and MITS to projects including reference to the NGESO Future Energy Scenarios
- Understand the value opportunities for energy storage and the technical requirements, commercial and regulatory frameworks and network access charging implications for developing the business case
- Be able to perform cost benefit analysis for network upgrades in consultation with others for technical inputs according to prevailing regulation
- Be able to perform simple financial modelling analysis to understand project sensitivities and key scenarios at a high but holistic level
- Drive/ participate in wider ITPE data collation and analysis initiatives from a commercial and regulatory perspective
- Keep abreast of regulatory changes that will accelerate UK and EU government’s target of net zero emissions in our lifetime
- Understand, communicate and analyse RIIO framework and keep abreast of changes and impacts to clients
- Assessing and challenging regulatory process on a client’s behalf where the process deviates from licence/contract
- Assess the potential changes to the CUSC and other regulatory codes/processes that can effect a generator connection and propose options to support the client progressing their project in an efficient manner
- Support the Head of Development Project Management in the day to day management and support of the Regulation Services Team
- Embedding quality assurance practices, ensuring deliverables are technically excellent, demonstrating innovation and value and producing a high standard of client-tailored end deliverables.
- Mentor and share your knowledge and experience with the team to further develop the team’s expertise
- Develop business relationships with companies and co-professionals that will provide new opportunities for the business to provide our range of services;
- Assisting with business planning and delivering budgets, working with the sector and service leads.
- Contributing to “Thought Leadership” on your areas of expertise to support the enhancement of our brand.
- Experience of sitting on a regulatory panel would be an advantage
Specifically, it is envisaged that there are a number of key areas of activity which will deliver these areas of development potential:
The Technology team operates across a broad range of projects from single wind turbine installations and onsite generation to multi-GW offshore generation, grid and private wire projects. Engineering standards and practices are constantly evolving and as a business it is essential that we remain current and maintain constant vigilance on the technical quality of our work. You will liaise with our power systems and engineering design teams, and work closely with the Head of Development Project Management and the Director of Technology Services, to refresh and enhance our systems and practices. A key part of the job will be to, write and check work released to clients and to work with the team to engender pride in the quality of our outputs. Client and internal feedback should be used by way of continuous improvement.
Staff development and mentoring
You will be working with a hard-working, busy team of professionals. A key part of your role will be to support staff by sharing your knowledge. Our continual aim is to bring out the best of everyone, and wherever possible provide a tailored career trajectory. Our team leads should be leading by example, getting involved in all aspects of project delivery as appropriate and remaining available and accessible to support staff.
Develop and enhance the service offering
In the medium-term, and working with business development sector leads, you will explore enhancement and development of the Regulation Services offering – this will build on our existing services and be based on market trends. Working with the other Technology teams you will look for new opportunities for improvement or expansion of ITPEnergised’s services.
Business planning support
You will support the Head of Development Project Management and the Director of Technology Services with business planning around key service areas by contributing to the business plans and budget setting, identifying the focus sectors, service line enhancement and new service areas, to support revenue and growth opportunities.
Your bases could be either in our Glasgow or Edinburgh office, you will be asked to attend meetings at our other office locations, or travel to client’s offices or sites as project work requires. This may include international travel, where necessary.
Outline Remuneration Offer
- Salary: Dependent on experience
- Pension: 5% EE contribution / 5% staff contribution.
- Holidays: 25 days (including 3 days over Christmas and New Year), plus 9 public holidays
- One professional membership.
Additional Employee Benefits
- Life Assurance up to 3 times your annual salary.
- Private medical cover.
ITPEnergised is committed to providing all employees and candidates for employment with equal opportunities. We wish to ensure that all employees shall have equality of opportunity for employment and advancement on the basis of their suitability for work – regardless of their race, religion, colour, ethnic or national origin, gender, gender reassignment, sexual orientation, marital status, age, working hours, type of contract, disability or community background.
To apply for this role please send your CV and covering letter to HR@itpenergised.com by Friday 19th March 2021. Please include confirmation of your eligibility to work in the United Kingdom.