ITPEnergised (ITPE) is a world-leading consultancy offering energy, environmental, engineering, technical advisory and renewables asset management services.
Our private and public sector clients include utilities, developers, investors, funders, Governments and regulators. We have unmatched experience, providing our services to onshore and marine energy, property and urban regeneration, transport and infrastructure and corporate clients.
We have a first class in-house team, supported by the best technical sub-consultants we know based on our experience, allowing us to adapt our offering to each geography and the specifics of every project on a case-by-case basis. Our staff enjoy working in a friendly and supportive environment with an emphasis on continuing professional development and career progression.
We’re offering a unique opportunity for an experienced and highly motivated ecologist to join our team. This is the ideal position for someone who is ambitious, client focused and with strong leadership skills.
We will provide:
• A competitive salary dependent on skills and experience
• 25 days holiday plus public holidays
• Staff support, mentoring and training
• Flexible and autonomous working
• Leadership opportunity
• Pension scheme and share option scheme
The successful candidate will help ITPE to manage and successfully deliver projects of all scales, by providing high quality commercially-focused ecological consultancy services within budget and to deadline. The role will include the management of staff, client and stakeholder communication, protected species surveys and licensing, Ecological Impact Assessment, data management and business development.
The successful candidate would be based at our Glasgow or Edinburgh office. The majority of the work is anticipated to be in Scotland although given the nature of the post there will be a requirement/opportunity to travel as necessary, including internationally.
• An appropriate degree qualification
• Full membership of CIEEM
• A minimum of five years employment in ecological consultancy or other relevant work
• Hold SNH Bat Roost Licence and ideally other survey licences
• Be able to act as named ecologist on EPS licences
• Excellent fieldwork and report writing skills including, protected species surveys, licence applications and completion of EIA chapters.
• Experience in the production of post-planning documents such as CEMPs.
• Minimum of 2 years’ experience of reviewing other people’s work.
• Must be competent in the survey of, and mitigation for, more than one of the following: bats badgers, great crested newts and otter.
• In-depth knowledge of the application of UK and relevant European ecology legislation.
• Have proven project management capability as well as team management and mentoring skills.
• Evidence of effective relationships with a number of important clients, offering advice and guidance in a prompt, commercially-focussed and professional manner.
• Be able to manage own workload, be proactive in managing projects and be able to delegate to and provide support to the ecology team.
• Be personable and a team player.
• Have a full clean UK driving licence.
Applications (your CV and a covering letter) must be received by 19th January 2018 and emailed to: firstname.lastname@example.org