ITPEnergised (ITPE) is a world-leading consultancy offering energy, environmental, engineering, technical advisory and renewables asset management services.
Our private and public sector clients include utilities, developers, investors, funders, Governments and regulators. We have unmatched experience, providing our services to onshore and marine energy, property and urban regeneration, transport and infrastructure and corporate clients.
We have a first class in-house team, supported by the best technical sub-consultants we know based on our experience, allowing us to adapt our offering to each geography and the specifics of every project on a case-by-case basis. Our staff enjoy working in a friendly and supportive environment with an emphasis on continuing professional development and career progression.
We are offering the opportunity for an experienced and highly motivated individual to join our experienced and growing team. You will work with our energy management & compliance team will be responsible for undertaking detailed technical analyses in relation to a range of energy technologies, leading and supporting project delivery and taking responsibility for and/or supporting long term client relationships.
As valued energy partners, we work alongside our customers to provide technical and commercial services in the built environment, industrial and utility sectors, helping clients realise economic growth and carbon reduction through compliance management, strategic consulting, supply and demand side management.
The successful candidates will become part of a respected and ambitious company, providing excellent career prospects and international opportunities. This roles offer the opportunity to work with a diverse portfolio high profile clients, both domestically and internationally, and implement projects across large and complex estates and processes.
Primary Job Responsibilities
- Provide technical expertise and advice in relation to measures that will improve the energy efficiency of processes, and also in relation to renewable and low carbon energy generation.
- Lead or support projects in buildings energy efficiency and/or one or more of the industrial, FMCG and utility sectors.
- Provide technical/practical advice and deliver projects to improve the energy and economic performance of our clients
- Site-based assessments and opportunities identification, covering a full range of technologies including; CHP, renewables, waste to energy, HVAC, lighting, boiler and steam systems, refrigeration, compressed air and electrical, instrumentation and control systems
- Collection, analysis and interpretation of datasets/establishing baseline performance and monitoring and targeting protocols
- Feasibility assessment, technical and business case modelling
- Energy auditing, energy and carbon footprinting and compliance reporting
- ESOS Lead Assessor services
- On-site technical investigation for savings opportunities, including housekeeping, business operational change, industrial process efficiencies and low/zero carbon energy systems
- Carry out technical due diligence on existing and emerging low and zero carbon technologies
- Engage with a range of stakeholders (technology suppliers, internal networks, clients, regulators etc)
- Maintain knowledge of energy/carbon policy developments, energy markets and wider energy/sustainability issues
- Write technical reports
- Project deliverables must meet our client’s needs and drivers, and effective communication is essential to providing regular updates on project progress, and presenting technical solutions and key issues clearly.
- Lead and/or contribute to proposal preparation; attract and secure projects
We will provide:
- A competitive salary dependent on skills and experience
- 25 days holiday plus public holidays
- Staff support, mentoring and training
- Flexible and autonomous working
- Pension scheme, share option scheme and private medical insurance
The successful candidate will help ITPE to deliver and depending on experience manage projects of all scales, by providing high quality commercially-focused environmental consultancy services within budget and to deadline.
The successful candidate would ideally be based at our Edinburgh or Glasgow office although other locations may be considered (Bristol/London/Aberdeen). The majority of the work is anticipated to be in the UK however given the nature of the post there will be a requirement/opportunity to travel as necessary, within the UK and internationally.
- An appropriate degree qualification or equivalent experience in industry
- Excellent report writing skills
- Working knowledge of UK (and potentially international) energy legislation
- Working understanding of designing and implementing EnMS’s and familiarity with ISO 50001
- Ideally, an ESOS Lead Assessor accreditation
- Willingness to travel
- Evidence of effective relationships with a number of important clients, offering advice and guidance in a prompt, commercially-focussed and professional manner.
- Be able to manage own workload, be proactive in managing projects and (depending on experience).
- Be personable and a team player.
- Have a full UK driving licence.
Applications (your CV and a covering letter) must be emailed to: firstname.lastname@example.org