We hope you will consider joining ITPEnergised. We want you and the business to be successful and for ITPEnergised to be a stimulating and fun place to work. We believe passionately in the world’s transition to net zero, and our global coverage, international specialists and ‘trusted advisor’ approach have earned us an outstanding reputation with clients across sectors, technologies and geographies.
This role is highly important in ensuring the business continues to thrive and grow, always with a view to our passionate aspiration of supporting the world’s transition to net zero. As with any role in the business, there will be a requirement for adaptability and flexibility, with an emphasis on our core values:
- Entrepreneurial & innovative
- Client focused, developing long-term relationships
- A people business
- Technically excellent in our service offerings, with a focus on adding value
- A fun place to work
Duties and responsibilities
The ideal candidate will be able to demonstrate technical and strategic experience in delivering projects related to atmospheric permitting consultancy services, will including experience in a similar consulting environment to ITPEnergised.
The candidate will have a strong working knowledge of management and permitting of atmospheric emissions. The candidate will have knowledge of UK permitting regimes and be able to showcase this experience in relation to projects associated with the finance, food manufacturing and oil, gas and energy sectors. You will be comfortable working on novel projects, often in frontier markets.
Your knowledge and experience will include, but not be limited to, the following areas:
- Atmospheric emissions management and reporting in accordance with relevant permitting requirements.
- Working knowledge of EU/UK Emissions Trading Scheme.
- Knowledge of onshore environmental permitting and PPC permitting (ideally onshore and offshore O&G) requirements, including BAT assessment and cost-benefit analysis.
- Appreciation of atmospheric impact assessment including dispersion modelling of industrial sources.
- Excellent data management and spreadsheet capabilities.
- Experience in providing technical expertise and strategic advice in relation to carbon emission and embedded energy inventory and management methods including SBTi Scopes 1-3.
- Working knowledge of associate emissions and energy management and permitting systems (SECR, ESOS, ISO50001) would be an advantage.
While we recognise every candidate has their own unique set of skills and experience, we feel the ideal candidate for this role should be able to demonstrate knowledge of, or have experience in the following skills and attributes:
- Strong project management and Client engagement/relationship skills.
- Excellent report writing and communication skills;
- Ability to manage people and provide mentoring to junior colleagues.
- Ability to offer advice and guidance in a prompt, commercially-focussed and professional manner; and
- Participation in an active health and safety culture.
You will be able to manage your own workload and be a self-starter as well as be able to work in a team. You will be willing to travel with the UK and overseas as required from time to time to deliver the above job description. The role can be based in any of our UK offices (Edinburgh, Glasgow, London or Bristol), and ITPEnergised is pleased to consider flexible working arrangements.
Outline remuneration offer
Salary: Negotiable depending on capability and experience.
Pension: 5% EE contribution / 5% staff contribution.
Holidays: 25 days (including 3 days over Christmas and New Year), plus 9 public holidays (pro rata)
One professional membership.
Additional employee benefits
Life Assurance up to 3 times your annual salary.
Private medical cover.
Employee Referral Scheme
ITPEnergised is committed to providing all employees and candidates for employment with equal opportunities. We wish to ensure that all employees shall have equality of opportunity for employment and advancement on the basis of their suitability for work – regardless of their race, religion, colour, ethnic or national origin, gender, gender reassignment, sexual orientation, marital status, age, working hours, type of contract, disability or community background.
To apply for this role please send your CV and covering letter to HR@itpenergised.com by
Friday 10th December 2021.
Please include confirmation of your eligibility to work in the United Kingdom.