We believe passionately in the world’s transition to net zero, and our global coverage, international specialists and ‘trusted advisor’ approach have earned us an outstanding reputation with clients across sectors, technologies and geographies.
This role is highly important in ensuring the business continues to thrive and grow, always with a view to our passionate aspiration of supporting the world’s transition to net zero. As with any role in the business, there will be a requirement for adaptability and flexibility, with an emphasis on our core values:
- Entrepreneurial & innovative
- Client focused, developing long-term relationships
- A people business
- Technically excellent in our service offerings, with a focus on adding value
- A fun place to work
We are looking to grow our existing and well-established Energy & Emissions team through the appointment of Air Quality & Climate Consultants with at least 1-year post-graduate experience in a similar consulting environment.
Applications are also welcomed from exceptional new graduates with a good degree in a relevant environmental science or engineering discipline. You will join our Graduate Development Programme which has been designed to offer the best possible training and support mechanisms to help guide you through the first two years of your career.
Duties and responsibilities
You will report directly to the Head of Air Quality and the role will primarily comprise preparation of air quality impact and site suitability assessments for a range of developments including mixed-use, residential, offshore and industrial schemes as well as small and large infrastructure schemes.
Assessments will be required to support our clients through planning, permitting and licencing applications and most will include atmospheric dispersion modelling. There will also be opportunities to contribute to climate change assessments by preparing greenhouse gas and other emissions inventories/calculations for a variety of projects (including Environmental Impact Assessments) and clients on their journey towards net-zero.
You will be involved in project management and business development from the outset including contributing to tender submissions/preparation of quotes and networking at selected appropriate events. Your knowledge and experience will ideally include, but not be limited to, the following areas:
- Experience of using Air Quality models including ADMS and ADMS-Roads and associated GIS applications
- An excellent understanding of environmental regulations and relevant UK technical guidance with respect to air quality
- Ability to calculate GHG and other emissions from process monitoring data, equipment manufacturer data and a range of emission factor databases
- Experience of air quality monitoring and subsequent analysis of data
- Familiarity with EIA regulations and experience of writing EIAR/ES Chapters
- Knowledge of key climate and energy related concepts (e.g. GHG emissions accounting, Net Zero, climate change resilience and mitigation at project level)
- Liaising with co-professionals, external clients, Local Authorities and regulatory agencies; and
- Delivering high quality reporting within project budgets and timescales
While we recognise every candidate has their own unique set of skills and experience, we feel the ideal candidate for this role should be able to demonstrate the following skills and attributes:
- Excellent numeracy, report writing and communication skills
- Proficiency in the use of standard office software (Word / Excel / Powerpoint)
- Ability to work independently and as part of a multi-disciplinary team
- Be dynamic, innovative and curious; and
- Hold a full UK driver’s licence
You will be willing to travel with the UK and overseas as required from time to time to deliver the above job description. The role is full-time (37.5 hours) and will be based in our Edinburgh office. We are happy to consider flexible working arrangements.
Outline Remuneration Offer
- Salary: Negotiable depending on capability and experience.
- Pension: 5% EE contribution / 5% staff contribution.
- Holidays: 25 days (including 3 days over Christmas and New Year), plus 9 public holidays (pro rata)
- One professional membership.
Additional Employee Benefits
- Life Assurance up to 3 times your annual salary.
- Private medical cover.
- Employee Referral Scheme
ITPEnergised is committed to providing all employees and candidates for employment with equal opportunities. We wish to ensure that all employees shall have equality of opportunity for employment and advancement on the basis of their suitability for work – regardless of their race, religion, colour, ethnic or national origin, gender, gender reassignment, sexual orientation, marital status, age, working hours, type of contract, disability or community background.
To apply for this role please send your CV and covering letter to HR@itpenergised.com by
Monday 5th July 2021.
Please include confirmation of your eligibility to work in the United Kingdom.