We believe passionately in the world’s transition to net zero, and our global coverage, international specialists and ‘trusted advisor’ approach have earned us an outstanding reputation with clients across sectors, technologies and geographies.
This role is highly important in ensuring the business continues to thrive and grow, always with a view to our passionate aspiration of supporting the world’s transition to net zero. As with any role in the business, there will be a requirement for adaptability and flexibility, with an emphasis on our core values:
- Entrepreneurial & innovative
- Client focused, developing long-term relationships
- A people business
- Technically excellent in our service offerings, with a focus on adding value
- A fun place to work
We believe in Being Confident, Being Curious and Taking Ownership, and we encourage these behaviours across our entire organisation. If this sounds like your kind of workplace, we hope you’ll consider joining us.
Background to the opportunity
ITPEnergised is a client-focused consultancy, providing project management, feasibility assessment and environmental and energy services to a range of sectors, including onshore and offshore renewables, urban development and infrastructure, industrial & manufacturing, and oil & gas (energy transition).
As part of our ongoing development, we are now seeking to complement our Environmental Planning team with EIA practitioners, from Graduate to Senior Consultant grades. Working with our existing team of environmental planning and EIA experts, you will support, manage, and deliver committed projects and contribute to the development of ITPEnergised’s related offering, commensurate to your grade and experience. This is a great opportunity to support the growth of an exciting consulting business working alongside a highly experienced team.
We are primarily interested in candidates with a solid grounding in EIA and consenting, ideally with knowledge and experience in renewable energy development. Candidates may also have experience of other sectors, such as property/urban regeneration, or coastal and marine projects, or an associated technical discipline such as ecology or geology.
We are looking for people to join our team ranging from Graduate (ideally with some industry experience for example summer placements or internships) to Senior Consultant level.
Duties and responsibilities
Depending on your experience and skill set, your roles and areas of focus would entail:
- Supporting or leading EIA and environmental planning projects, as EIA Project Manager or Assistant Project Manager: authoring and/or reviewing chapters; team & client meetings, briefings and communications; regulatory consultation; technical research and reporting.
- Leading or supporting on feasibility/constraints studies for prospective developments.
- Managing or undertaking field survey work as appropriate to technical background/ grade.
- Preparation of scopes of work and costs for input to fee proposals.
- As the business requires, assist in delivery of other related environmental assessments, commensurate with experience and technical understanding.
- Contribution to business development appropriate to your grade and experience, including initiating and participating in client meetings, networking events, conferences, and seminars.
- Mentoring responsibilities for junior staff on a project level or in wider context (as appropriate depending on grade).
- Line management responsibility for staff as appropriate.
We offer flexible working options to suit domestic arrangements. Your role will ordinarily require occasional travel to our other office locations, clients’ offices and sites. This may include international travel.
While we recognize every candidate has their own unique set of skills and experience, we feel the idea candidate for this role should be able to demonstrate knowledge of, or have experience in the following skills and attributes:
- Excellent prioritisation and time management skills, with the ability to manage numerous tasks concurrently;
- Demonstrable skill in report writing and reviewing, including an eye for detail, consistency and clarity;
- Good communication skills and a desire to form successful ‘trusted advisor’ relationships with clients, stakeholders and team members;
- At least some familiarity and capability in using ArcGIS and/or QGIS;
- Genuine passion for supporting the drive towards Net Zero through high-quality work on exciting projects.
Your work location is up to you! We are big believers in flexible working, and that includes working from home. If you prefer an office environment, we have offices in Edinburgh. Glasgow, London and Bristol, and we are happy to talk about hybrid working patterns.
You may be asked to attend meetings at our office locations, or travel to clients’ offices or sites as project work requires. This may include international travel, where necessary.
Outline Remuneration Offer
- Salary: DOE (agreed salary to be based on skills and experience)
- Pension: 5% EE contribution / 5% staff contribution
- Holidays: 34 days pro rata (including bank holidays and 3 compulsory days over Christmas and New Year)
- One professional membership subscription
Additional Employee Benefits
- Life Assurance up to 3 times your annual salary
- Private Medical Insurance
- Employee Referral Scheme
- Truly Agile and Flexible Working (we mean it!)
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Mentoring Scheme
- Talent Development Programme
- True Ownership and Accountability from Day One
- Regular Team Lunches and Coffee Mornings (optional but encouraged!)
ITPEnergised is committed to providing all employees and candidates for employment with equal opportunities. We wish to ensure that all employees shall have equality of opportunity for employment and advancement based on their suitability for work – regardless of their race, religion, colour, ethnic or national origin, gender, gender reassignment, sexual orientation, marital status, age, working hours, type of contract, disability or community background.
To apply for this role please send your CV and covering letter to HR@itpenergised.com by
Tuesday 31st May 2022.
Please include confirmation of your eligibility to work in the United Kingdom.
If this role is of interest and you like the sound of how we like to work, we’d love to hear from you. Cover letters are optional, but they really help in the shortlisting process.