We believe passionately in the world’s transition to net zero, and our global coverage, international specialists and ‘trusted advisor’ approach have earned us an outstanding reputation with clients across sectors, technologies and geographies.
This role is highly important in ensuring the business continues to thrive and grow, always with a view to our passionate aspiration of supporting the world’s transition to net zero. As with any role in the business, there will be a requirement for adaptability and flexibility, with an emphasis on our core values:
- Entrepreneurial & innovative
- Client focused, developing long-term relationships
- A people business
- Innovative and technically excellent in our service offerings
- A fun place to work
We believe in Being Confident, Being Curious and Taking Ownership, and we encourage these behaviours across our entire organisation. If this sounds like your kind of workplace, we hope you’ll consider joining us.
Background to the role
As part of our ongoing development, we are now seeking to complement our growing Acoustics team with a Graduate/Junior Acoustic Consultant. This role would be ideally suited to someone wanting to take their first steps into an interesting and rewarding career in Acoustic Consultancy.
You will, from day one, be involved in a huge variety of projects in the onshore and offshore renewable energy, property development and infrastructure sectors, potentially also working on noise associated with spaceports and rocket engine testing. Our focus will be on developing your skills with structured training and targeted mentoring from our experienced team.
Duties and responsibilities
Your role will focus primarily on:
- Undertaking noise and vibration surveys and site visits across the country
- Applying your knowledge of Acoustics to undertake noise modelling and calculations
- Using data analysis skills to understand complex scenarios
- Involvement in the production of reports and technical documents
- Travelling and some survey work may occasionally be required outside of normal office hours.
While we recognise every candidate has their own unique set of skills and experience, we feel the ideal candidate for this role should be able to demonstrate knowledge of, or have experience in the following skills and attributes:
- A good Acoustics-related degree or the IoA Diploma, candidates with other related degrees in maths, physics, engineering and environmental disciplines may also be considered.
- As consultants, our work involves communicating technical concepts to non-experts, so we ask for a good standard of spoken English and high levels of literacy and numeracy.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel.
- A Full Driving Licence valid in the UK is preferable .
- An added advantage would be demonstrable skills with modelling software, CAD, Matlab or previous experience of working in the acoustic industry.
Successful candidates with backgrounds less specific to acoustics (e.g., engineering/environmental science disciplines) who have relevant experience and are keen to work in acoustics may be supported to undertake the IoA Diploma as a distance learning course after completing a probationary period.
Your work location will be Edinburgh. We are big believers in flexible working, and we are happy to talk about hybrid working patterns.
You may be asked to attend meetings at our office locations, or travel to clients’ offices or sites as project work requires. This may include international travel, where necessary.
Outline Remuneration Offer
- Salary: DOE (agreed salary to be based on skills and experience)
- Pension: 5% EE contribution / 5% staff contribution
- Holidays: 34 days pro rata (including bank holidays and 3 compulsory days over Christmas and New Year)
- One professional membership subscription
Additional Employee Benefits
- Life Assurance up to 3 times your annual salary
- Private Medical Insurance
- Employee Referral Scheme
- Truly Agile and Flexible Working
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Mentoring Scheme
- Talent Development Programme
- True Ownership and Accountability from Day One
- Regular Team Lunches and Coffee Mornings (optional but encouraged)
ITPEnergised is committed to providing all employees and candidates for employment with equal opportunities. We wish to ensure that all employees shall have equality of opportunity for employment and advancement based on their suitability for work – regardless of their race, religion, colour, ethnic or national origin, gender, gender reassignment, sexual orientation, marital status, age, working hours, type of contract, disability or community background.
To apply for this role please send your CV and covering letter to HR@itpenergised.com by
Friday 8th July 2022.
Please include confirmation of your eligibility to work in the United Kingdom.
If this role is of interest and you like the sound of how we like to work, we’d love to hear from you. Cover letters are optional, but they really help in the shortlisting process.