We believe passionately in the world’s transition to net zero, and our global coverage, international specialists and ‘trusted advisor’ approach have earned us an outstanding reputation with clients across sectors, technologies and geographies.
This role is highly important in ensuring the business continues to thrive and grow, always with a view to our passionate aspiration of supporting the world’s transition to net zero. As with any role in the business, there will be a requirement for adaptability and flexibility, with an emphasis on our core values:
- Entrepreneurial & innovative
- Client focused, developing long-term relationships
- A people business
- Technically excellent in our service offerings, with a focus on adding value
- A fun place to work
We believe in Being Confident, Being Curious and Taking Ownership, and we encourage these behaviours across our entire organisation. If this sounds like your kind of workplace, we hope you’ll consider joining us.
Background to the role
As part of our ongoing development, we are now seeking to complement our growing Technology Services team with an experienced professional to lead our Engineering Team.
Duties and responsibilities
The role will require the following experience and capabilities:
- Experience in managing a multi-disciplinary engineering team to undertake design for onshore and offshore renewable energy projects including substation, cable, marine systems and civil design
- Experience in managing an engineering team and projects during design and construction
- Experience of managing and performing owner’s engineer role for clients
- Understanding and use of standards such as client standards, IEC, CIGRE and the Grid Code
- Application of CDM and experience of application to projects in design and construction
- Development of new services and offerings to meet market requirements
- Project management of complex deliverables
- Mentoring staff to support development and progression of their career
While we recognize every candidate has their own unique set of skills and experience, we feel the ideal candidate for this role should be able to demonstrate knowledge of, or have experience in the following skills and attributes:
- A degree in electrical engineering
- Strong report writing skills
- Experience of understanding client requirements and preparing detailed proposals
- Strong client management skills
- Experience of sitting on a CIGRE or other relevant engineering working group would be advantageous.
Experience of managing clients and project finances is an advantage, however the successful candidate will work closely with the leadership team to develop the skills and knowledge relating to the effective management of the team budget and P&L.
The post holder will also:
- Experience client management and the development of longstanding client relationships
- Experience the fiscal management of projects, meeting strict timelines and budgets
- Drive the strategic direction of the team
There are several key areas of activity which will deliver these areas of development potential:
The Technology team operates across a broad range of projects from single wind turbine installations and onsite generation to multi-GW offshore generation, grid and private wire projects. Engineering standards and practices are constantly evolving and as a business it is essential that we remain current and maintain constant vigilance on the technical quality of our work. You will liaise with our other Technology Service teams in Power Systems and Development Project Management and Regulation, and work closely with the teams to refresh and enhance our systems and practices. A key part of the job will be to, write and review work released to clients and to work with the team to engender pride in the quality of our outputs. Client and internal feedback should be used by way of continuous improvement.
Staff development and mentoring
You will be working with a hard-working, busy team of professionals. A key part of your role will be to support staff by sharing your knowledge. Our continual aim is to bring out the best of everyone, and wherever possible provide a tailored career trajectory.
Develop and enhance the service offering
In the medium-term, and working with business development sector leads, you will explore enhancement and development of the Engineering Service offering – this will build on our existing services and be based on market trends. Working with the other Technology teams you will look for new opportunities for improvement or expansion of ITPEnergised’s services.
Business planning support
You will support the Heads of department in Technology Services with business planning around key service areas by contributing to the business plans and budget setting, identifying the focus sectors, service line enhancement and new service areas, to support revenue and growth opportunities.
Your work location is up to you! We are big believers in flexible working, and that includes working from home. If you prefer an office environment, we have offices in Edinburgh. Glasgow, London and Bristol, and we are happy to talk about hybrid working patterns.
You may be asked to attend meetings at our office locations, or travel to clients’ offices or sites as project work requires. This may include international travel, where necessary.
Outline Remuneration Offer
- Salary: DOE (agreed salary to be based on skills and experience)
- Pension: 5% EE contribution / 5% staff contribution
- Holidays: 34 days pro rata (including bank holidays and 3 compulsory days over Christmas and New Year)
- One professional membership subscription
Additional Employee Benefits
- Life Assurance up to 3 times your annual salary
- Private Medical Insurance
- Employee Referral Scheme
- Truly Agile and Flexible Working (we mean it!)
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Mentoring Scheme
- Talent Development Programme
- True Ownership and Accountability from Day One
- Regular Team Lunches and Coffee Mornings (optional but encouraged!)
ITPEnergised is committed to providing all employees and candidates for employment with equal opportunities. We wish to ensure that all employees shall have equality of opportunity for employment and advancement based on their suitability for work – regardless of their race, religion, colour, ethnic or national origin, gender, gender reassignment, sexual orientation, marital status, age, working hours, type of contract, disability or community background.
To apply for this role please send your CV and covering letter to HR@itpenergised.com by
Friday 20th May 2022.
Please include confirmation of your eligibility to work in the United Kingdom.
If this role is of interest and you like the sound of how we like to work, we’d love to hear from you. Cover letters are optional, but they really help in the shortlisting process.