We believe passionately in the world’s transition to net zero, and our global coverage, international specialists and ‘trusted advisor’ approach have earned us an outstanding reputation with clients across sectors, technologies and geographies.
This role is highly important in ensuring the business continues to thrive and grow, always with a view to our passionate aspiration of supporting the world’s transition to net zero. As with any role in the business, there will be a requirement for adaptability and flexibility, with an emphasis on our core values:
- Entrepreneurial & innovative
- Client focused, developing long-term relationships
- A people business
- Technically excellent in our service offerings, with a focus on adding value
- A fun place to work
We believe in Being Confident, Being Curious and Taking Ownership, and we encourage these behaviours across our entire organisation. If this sounds like your kind of workplace, we hope you’ll consider joining us.
Background to the role
Working as part of the Sector and Client Group, this is a great opportunity to contribute to the growth of an exciting consulting business working alongside an experienced and enthusiastic team.
In support of the other Sector Leads and in conjunction with our Target Client Programme, the role involves building and maintaining positive relationships between ITPEnergised and our Strategic and Key Clients with a focus on onshore energy: including but not limited to wind, solar, battery and hydrogen technologies and business models. The near-term goals of this role are to revitalise and update the onshore energy sector plan, update, and build momentum on target client action plans, engaging the broader ITPEnergised organisation.
Your responsibilities include growing the Company’s revenue and profit, by ensuring; we understand the needs of Strategic and Key Clients, those Clients are satisfied with the services provided, new business opportunities for existing and potential Strategic and Key Clients.
Duties and responsibilities
The role of Head of Onshore Energy includes, but is not limited to the following:
Sector and Strategy Planning
- Develop and maintain an overarching Onshore Energy strategic plan.
- Input and implementation of ITPEnergised communications strategy
- Concisely describe the Company’s motivation to be in this sector and ensure this resonates with target client mission statements/ values/ latest CEO statements.
- Working with Sector heads and team managers to raise our profile within the target client organisations through relationship building and raise the profile our services to the sector.
- Understand the onshore energy market size, regulations and dynamics.
- Understand our key service offerings and competencies throughout the life cycle.
- Build and maintain a high-level regulatory roadmap for onshore energy with a view of commercial impact to clients and opportunities/ threats for the Company.
Financial & Commercial
- Responsibility for Client revenue & cash generation, delivery & reporting.
- Identify, develop, and maintain appropriate commercial KPIs
- Working with the Service Heads to ensure the shape and size of the service line teams are aligned with delivering to client needs.
- Leading or supporting the development of proposals for new work in response to RfPs or leads with the Client.
- Ensuring fee rates for Services being delivered to the Client are appropriate, as far as possible.
- Where appropriate and applicable, supporting Service Line managers with identifying other suppliers and sub-contractors, to support delivery to the Client.
- Ensuring that Clients’ contract terms and conditions are reviewed and contain no“high risk” clauses and that the Sector or Service Line Director (or other Director) is involved where appropriate. Where possible, negotiating frameworks or Master Service Agreements with target clients.
- Ensure that any potential PI claims are notified to the Service Line Director immediately they become apparent.
- Regular monitoring of the Client cash profile and supporting Service Line leads in ensuring cash collection is on target in conjunction with the finance team and ensuring all “problem” debts are resolved expediently.
- Monitoring and reporting of KPIs to Client and actions to deliver the KCM Plans.
- Coordinate and lead on the development of strong target client relationships, including the identification and engagement with existing and prospective clients, and zippering of relationships between the client organisation and ITPEnergised.
- Acting as the main point of contact between ITPEnergised and the relevant ‘Strategic’ & ‘Key Clients’, to ensure that their best interests are being looked after and any issues are dealt with effectively and expediently. This includes seeking regular Client feedback on performance.
- Select, develop and maintain individual ‘Strategic’ and ‘Key’ Client Plans and associated Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) and key service offerings.
- Which explore offering new services to address key client needs.
- Supporting the relevant Client Account Managers and Team Managers to develop and implement Client Action Plans.
- Assisting the Client Managers and Team Managers to deliver the Key Client Plans; communicating clear vision, targets and values and key relevant business messages.
- Working closely with Service Line managers to ensure understanding of Client needs and ensuring that our services fulfil their requirements.
- Working with the wider management team to maintain and raise the quality, accuracy, and timely delivery of service to Clients, ensuring seamless delivery of our services and the administration of appropriate levels of Client care.
- Where possible ‘join the dots’ to mobilise not only our knowledge, but also that of others in our network, to help meet the Client’s wider business objectives.
People & Culture
- Ensuring all staff working on projects for the Client understand and embrace the ITPEnergised culture, business strategy and the benefits arising therefrom.
- Coaching and mentoring staff in support of achieving Client Management Plan objectives.
- Role model healthy drive and ambition, target client engagement, continuous learning as enjoyable business as usual at ITPEnergised; and how to build commercial frameworks and draw insights.
Health Safety & Environment
- Liaising with the Service Line leads to ensure the Company’s health and safety procedures are fit for purpose for our Services to the Client, that they are all aware of their personal responsibilities and that staff are competent.
The ideal candidate will be willing to travel with the UK and overseas as required from time to time to deliver the above areas of focus, and a full UK driving licence is preferred. The role can be based in any of our UK offices, however ITPEnergised is pleased to consider flexible working arrangements.
Outline Remuneration Offer
- Salary: Negotiable depending on capability and experience
- Pension: 5% EE contribution / 5% staff contribution
- Holidays: 25 days (including 3 days over Christmas and New Year), plus 9 public holidays (pro rata)
- One professional membership
Additional Employee Benefits
- Life Assurance up to 3 times your annual salary
- Private medical cover
- Employee Referral Scheme
ITPEnergised is committed to providing all employees and candidates for employment with equal opportunities. We wish to ensure that all employees shall have equality of opportunity for employment and advancement based on their suitability for work – regardless of their race, religion, colour, ethnic or national origin, gender, gender reassignment, sexual orientation, marital status, age, working hours, type of contract, disability, or community background
To apply for this role please send your CV and covering letter to HR@itpenergised.com by
Friday 8th July 2022.
Please include confirmation of your eligibility to work in the United Kingdom.
If this role is of interest and you like the sound of how we like to work, we’d love to hear from you. Cover letters are optional, but they really help in the shortlisting process.