We believe passionately in the world’s transition to net zero, and our global coverage, international specialists and ‘trusted advisor’ approach have earned us an outstanding reputation with clients across sectors, technologies and geographies.
This role is highly important in ensuring the business continues to thrive and grow, always with a view to our passionate aspiration of supporting the world’s transition to net zero. As with any role in the business, there will be a requirement for adaptability and flexibility, with an emphasis on our core values:
- Entrepreneurial & innovative
- Client focused, developing long-term relationships
- A people business
- Technically excellent in our service offerings, with a focus on adding value
- A fun place to work
Duties and responsibilities
Your role will require the following experience and capabilities:
- A degree in electrical engineering
- Experience of building models in power systems software and using these to undertake design studies or systems analysis
- Experience of harmonic requirements and harmonic modelling
- Experience of dynamic modelling
- Understanding of the grid code/G99 and other relevant standards
- Extensive experience undertaking electrical engineering concept design and delivery or systems analysis within the electricity industry
- Strong report writing skills
- Experience of understanding client requirements and preparing detailed proposals
- Strong client management skills
- Develop new services and offerings to meet market requirements
- Project management of complex deliverables
- Mentoring junior staff
Specifically, it is envisaged that there are a number of key areas of activity which will deliver these areas of development potential:
1. Technical excellence
The Technology team operates across a broad range of projects from single wind turbine installations and onsite generation to multi-GW offshore generation, grid and private wire projects. Engineering standards and practices are constantly evolving and as a business it is essential that we remain current and maintain constant vigilance on the technical quality of our work. You will liaise with our other Technology Service teams in Engineering and Development Project Management and Regulation, and work closely with the teams to refresh and enhance our systems and practices. A key part of the job will be to, write and review work released to clients and to work with the team to engender pride in the quality of our outputs. Client and internal feedback should be used by way of continuous improvement.
2. Staff development and mentoring
You will be working with a hard-working, busy team of professionals. A key part of your role will be to support staff by sharing your knowledge. Our continual aim is to bring out the best of everyone, and wherever possible provide a tailored career trajectory.
3. Develop and enhance the service offering
In the medium-term, and working with business development sector leads, you will explore enhancement and development of the Power Systems Service offering – this will build on our existing services and be based on market trends. Working with the other Technology teams you will look for new opportunities for improvement or expansion of ITPEnergised’s services.
4. Business planning support
You will support the Heads of department in Technology Services with business planning around key service areas by contributing to the business plans and budget setting, identifying the focus sectors, service line enhancement and new service areas, to support revenue and growth opportunities.
You will be able to manage own workload and a self-starter but also able to work in a team. You will have a full UK driving licence. You will be willing to travel with the UK and overseas as required from time to time to deliver the above areas of focus. The role can be based in any of our UK offices; however we are pleased to consider flexible working arrangements.
Outline Remuneration Offer
- Salary: Negotiable depending on capability and experience.
- Pension: 5% EE contribution / 5% staff contribution.
- Holidays: 25 days (including 3 days over Christmas and New Year), plus 9 public holidays (pro rata)
- One professional membership.
Additional Employee Benefits
- Life Assurance up to 3 times your annual salary.
- Private medical cover.
- Employee Referral Scheme
ITPEnergised is committed to providing all employees and candidates for employment with equal opportunities. We wish to ensure that all employees shall have equality of opportunity for employment and advancement on the basis of their suitability for work – regardless of their race, religion, colour, ethnic or national origin, gender, gender reassignment, sexual orientation, marital status, age, working hours, type of contract, disability or community background.
To apply for this role please send your CV and covering letter to HR@itpenergised.com by Friday 24th of September 2021. Please include confirmation of your eligibility to work in the United Kingdom.