Location: Edinburgh or Glasgow
We hope you will consider joining ITPEnergised. We want you and the business to be successful and for ITPEnergised to be a stimulating and fun place to work. We believe passionately in the world’s transition to net zero, and our global coverage, international specialists and ‘trusted advisor’ approach have earned us an outstanding reputation with clients across sectors, technologies and geographies.
This role is highly important in ensuring the business continues to thrive and grow, always with a view to our passionate aspiration of supporting the world’s transition to net zero. As with any role in the business, there will be a requirement for adaptability and flexibility, with an emphasis on our core values:
- Entrepreneurial & innovative
- Client focused, developing long-term relationships
- A people business
- Technically excellent in our service offerings, with a focus on adding value
- A fun place to work
Duties and responsibilities
The ideal candidate will have significant experience in the energy industry, including a minimum of 3 years in a similar consulting environment to ITPEnergised. The candidate will have a background in energy management or engineering (energy, mechanical, process) and working knowledge of thermal and renewable energy technologies, including emerging technologies and ideally experience in the industrial, FMCG and utility sectors.
Your knowledge and experience will include, but not be limited to, the following areas:
- Providing technical expertise and advice in relation to energy efficiency improvements and in renewable and low carbon energy generation.
- Site-based assessments and opportunities identification, covering a full range of technologies including; CHP, renewables, waste to energy, HVAC, lighting, boiler and steam systems, refrigeration, compressed air and electrical, instrumentation and control systems.
- Due Diligence/technical feasibility assessment including technical and business case modelling.
- Energy auditing, energy and carbon footprinting and compliance reporting.
- Collection, analysis and interpretation of datasets/establishing baseline performance and monitoring and targeting protocols.
- Working knowledge of UK (and potentially international) energy legislation including SECR and ESOS requirements, ideally as lead assessor.
- On-site technical investigation for savings opportunities, including housekeeping, business operational change, industrial process efficiencies and low/zero carbon energy systems.
- Energy/carbon policy developments, energy markets and wider energy/sustainability issues.
While we recognize every candidate has their own unique set of skills and experience, we feel the idea candidate for this role should be able to demonstrate knowledge of, or have experience in the following skills and attributes:
- Managing and mentoring consultancy teams;
- Exceptional project management abilities;
- Excellent report writing and communication skills;
- Client management, proposal writing and business development;
- Ability to offer advice and guidance in a prompt, commercially-focused and professional manner; and
- Working knowledge of HSE procedures and standards.
You will be able to manage own workload and a self-starter but also able to work in a team. You will have a full UK driving licence and be willing to travel with the UK and overseas as required from time to time to deliver the above areas of focus. The role can be based in any of our UK offices, however ITPEnergised is pleased to consider flexible working arrangements.
Outline remuneration offer
- Salary: Negotiable depending on capability and experience.
- Pension: 5% EE contribution / 5% staff contribution.
- Holidays: 25 days (including 3 days over Christmas and New Year), plus 9 public holidays (pro rata)
- One professional membership.
Additional employee benefits
- Life Assurance up to 3 times your annual salary.
- Private medical cover.
- Employee Referral Scheme
ITPEnergised is committed to providing all employees and candidates for employment with equal opportunities. We wish to ensure that all employees shall have equality of opportunity for employment and advancement on the basis of their suitability for work – regardless of their race, religion, colour, ethnic or national origin, gender, gender reassignment, sexual orientation, marital status, age, working hours, type of contract, disability or community background.
To apply for this role please send your CV and covering letter to HR@itpenergised.com by Friday 21st May 2021. Please include confirmation of your eligibility to work in the United Kingdom.