We believe passionately in the world’s transition to net zero, and our global coverage, international specialists and ‘trusted advisor’ approach have earned us an outstanding reputation with clients across sectors, technologies and geographies.
This role is highly important in ensuring the business continues to thrive and grow, always with a view to our passionate aspiration of supporting the world’s transition to net zero. As with any role in the business, there will be a requirement for adaptability and flexibility, with an emphasis on our core values:
- Entrepreneurial & innovative
- Client focused, developing long-term relationships
- A people business
- Technically excellent in our service offerings, with a focus on adding value
- A fun place to work
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
An opportunity has arisen for an experienced and ambitious candidate to provide leadership in our Technical Advisory service team. The ideal candidate will have significant experience in the renewable energy industry, including a minimum of 8-10 years in a similar consulting environment to ITPEnergised. The candidate will ideally have a background in the wind energy sector, along with working knowledge of other renewable energy technologies, including battery storage.
The role will focus primarily on the following areas:
- Leadership of the delivery of technical advisory services on due diligence projects, covering both operational and pre-construction assets. This will involve project management of deliverables, including managing multi-disciplinary teams.
- Managing a wider team, including delivery of Asset Management services for renewable energy developments, with a strong focus on our wind turbine assets.
- Working with the Onshore Renewables and other Sector Leads to provide new opportunities for the business to grow.
Specifically, your knowledge and experience will include, but not be limited to, the following areas:
- Knowledge of different wind turbine systems from small to MW sized turbines, and experience of site inspections;
- Knowledge of the development and construction process for wind projects;
- SCADA monitoring systems for different wind technologies;
- Knowledge of other forms of low and zero carbon technologies would be beneficial, especially solar and battery systems;
- Data analysis for monthly reporting;
- Knowledge of system design and associated market leading software packages;
- Overview and support of the management of all invoicing and revenue for contracted assets
- Knowledge of the UK planning systems;
- Experience of liaising with PPA providers, insurers and all potential stakeholders; and
- HSE procedures and standards.
Knowledge and experience of wind modelling software such as WindFarmer or windPRO would be beneficial.
The candidate will be commercially aware and experienced in business development and the preparation of financial proposals. Candidates will ideally have an established understanding of, and contact network, with renewable developers, investors and banks within the sector.
While we recognise every candidate has their own unique set of skills and experience, we feel the ideal candidate for this role should be able to demonstrate knowledge of, or have experience in the following:
- Managing and mentoring consultancy teams;
- Exceptional project management abilities;
- Excellent report writing and communication skills;
- Client management, proposal writing and business development;
- Ability to offer advice and guidance in a prompt, commercially-focussed and professional manner;
- Working knowledge of HSE procedures and standards.
You will be able to manage own workload and a self-starter but also able to work in a team. You will have a full UK driving licence. You will be willing to travel with the UK and overseas as required from time to time to deliver the above areas of focus. The role can be based in any of our UK offices, however we are pleased to consider flexible working arrangements.
OUTLINE REMUNERATION OFFER
- Salary: Negotiable depending on capability and experience.
- Pension: 5% EE contribution / 5% staff contribution.
- Holidays: 25 days (including 3 days over Christmas and New Year), plus 9 public holidays (pro rata)
- One professional membership.
ADDITIONAL EMPLOYEE BENEFITS
- Life Assurance up to 3 times your annual salary.
- Private medical cover.
- Employee Referral Scheme
ITPEnergised is committed to providing all employees and candidates for employment with equal opportunities. We wish to ensure that all employees shall have equality of opportunity for employment and advancement on the basis of their suitability for work – regardless of their race, religion, colour, ethnic or national origin, gender, gender reassignment, sexual orientation, marital status, age, working hours, type of contract, disability or community background.
To apply for this role please send your CV and covering letter to HR@itpenergised.com by Friday 24th of September 2021. Please include confirmation of your eligibility to work in the United Kingdom.