We believe passionately in the world’s transition to net zero, and our global coverage, international specialists and ‘trusted advisor’ approach have earned us an outstanding reputation with clients across sectors, technologies and geographies.
This role is highly important in ensuring the business continues to thrive and grow, always with a view to our passionate aspiration of supporting the world’s transition to net zero. As with any role in the business, there will be a requirement for adaptability and flexibility, with an emphasis on our core values:
- Entrepreneurial & innovative
- Client focused, developing long-term relationships
- A people business
- Technically excellent in our service offerings, with a focus on adding value
- A fun place to work
We believe in Being Confident, Being Curious and Taking Ownership, and we encourage these behaviours across our entire organisation. If this sounds like your kind of workplace, we hope you’ll consider joining us.
Background to the role
As part of our development, we are looking to grow our existing and well-established Energy & Emissions team through the appointment of a Senior Consultant specialised in Air Quality & Permitting. Applicants should have developed technical understanding in atmospheric emissions, with minimum 4-5 years’ project experience in a similar consulting environment.
Applications are also welcomed from exceptional junior consultants ready to progress to a Senior role within six months.
You will report directly to the Head of Air Quality and will be required to have a strong technical background and demonstrable project management skills, including financial control, resource management and training and mentoring of junior personnel.
Duties and responsibilities
The role will primarily comprise management and preparation of air quality impact and site suitability assessments for a range of developments including mixed-use, residential, offshore and industrial schemes as well as small and large infrastructure schemes for planning and permitting applications, most of which will include dispersion modelling.
You will also contribute to climate change assessments and carbon-accounting reports by preparing greenhouse gas and other emissions inventories/calculations for a variety of projects (including Environmental Impact Assessments) and to support clients on their journey towards net-zero. There will also be regular collaboration with local authorities on fulfilling their Local Air Quality Management obligations.
You will be involved in project management and business development from the outset including completion of tender submissions/preparation of proposals and networking at selected appropriate events. You will be expected to have your own established network of clients and co-professionals and be a full member of the IAQM.
Your knowledge and experience will ideally include, but not be limited to, the following areas:
- Advanced competence in the use of Air Quality models including ADMS 5 and ADMS-Roads and associated GIS applications.
- A solid understanding of environmental regulations and directives (IED, MCPD, EIA, LAQM) and relevant UK technical guidance with respect to air quality.
- Experience of writing EIAR/ES Chapters and contributing to Environmental Permit/PPC applications.
- Ability to calculate emissions from process monitoring data, equipment manufacturer data and a range of emission factor databases.
- Experience of air quality monitoring and subsequent analysis of data.
- Commercial awareness and the ability to recognise opportunities for the business.
- Ability to contribute to and lead meetings/undergo consultation with co-professionals, external clients, Local Authorities and regulatory agencies.
- Training and mentoring of junior staff including development of training material.
- Delivery of high-quality reports and presentations within project budgets and timescales.
While we recognize every candidate has their own unique set of skills and experience, we feel the idea candidate for this role should be able to demonstrate knowledge of, or have experience in the following skills and attributes:
- A degree in a relevant scientific discipline; postgraduate degree desirable but not essential.
- Excellent numeracy, report writing and communication skills.
- Proficiency in the use of standard office software (Word / Excel / PowerPoint) and GIS (ArcGIS, QGIS).
- Ability to work independently and as part of a multi-disciplinary team.
- Be dynamic, innovative and curious.
- Hold a full UK driver’s licence.
Your work location will be Edinburgh or Glasgow, or a combination of both. We are big believers in flexible working, and we are happy to talk about hybrid working patterns.
You may be asked to attend meetings at our other office locations, or travel to clients’ offices or sites as project work requires. This may include international travel, where necessary.
Outline Remuneration Offer
- Salary: From £35,000 DOE (agreed salary to be based on capability and experience)
- Pension: 5% EE contribution / 5% staff contribution
- Holidays: 34 days pro rata (including bank holidays and 3 compulsory days over Christmas and New Year)
- One professional membership subscription
Additional Employee Benefits
- Life Assurance up to 3 times your annual salary
- Private Medical Insurance
- Employee Referral Scheme
- Truly Agile and Flexible Working
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Mentoring Scheme
- Talent Development Programme
- True Ownership and Accountability from Day One
- Regular Team Lunches and Coffee Mornings (optional but encouraged)
ITPEnergised is committed to providing all employees and candidates for employment with equal opportunities. We wish to ensure that all employees shall have equality of opportunity for employment and advancement based on their suitability for work – regardless of their race, religion, colour, ethnic or national origin, gender, gender reassignment, sexual orientation, marital status, age, working hours, type of contract, disability or community background.
If this role is of interest and you like the sound of how we like to work, we’d love to hear from you. Cover letters are optional, but they really help in the shortlisting process.
The closing date for applications is 19th August 2022. Please address your application to email@example.com.
Please include confirmation of your eligibility to work in the United Kingdom.