We believe passionately in the world’s transition to net zero, and our global coverage, international specialists and ‘trusted advisor’ approach have earned us an outstanding reputation with clients across sectors, technologies and geographies.
This role is highly important in ensuring the business continues to thrive and grow, always with a view to our passionate aspiration of supporting the world’s transition to net zero. As with any role in the business, there will be a requirement for adaptability and flexibility, with an emphasis on our core values:
- Entrepreneurial & innovative
- Client focused, developing long-term relationships
- A people business
- Technically excellent in our service offerings, with a focus on adding value
- A fun place to work
Duties and responsibilities
Your role will focus primarily on:
- Development of projects and deliverables at different stage of the development cycle with a strong technology focus; on time, budget and to our clients scope
- Supporting clients as they investigate the options to apply to the UK and overseas electricity systems to connect generator projects and managing the grid application process.
- Project management of interdisciplinary teams within the company.
- Supporting the Head of Development Project management and Director of Technology in expanding and developing our service offer and client base.
- Sharing your knowledge and experience with the team to further develop the team’s expertise
- Management and mentoring of graduates/consultants.
- Keeping abreast of regulatory changes that will accelerate UK and EU government’s target of net zero emissions in our lifetime.
- Understanding, communicating, and analysing energy regulatory framework and keeping abreast of changes and impacts to clients.
- Support and collaboration with other ITPE’s P3M services
- Develop business relationships with companies and co-professionals that will provide new opportunities for the business to provide our range of services.
- Contributing to “Thought Leadership” on your areas of expertise to support the enhancement of our brand.
While we recognise every candidate has their own unique set of skills and experience, we feel the idea candidate for this role should be able to demonstrate knowledge of, or have experience in the following skills and attributes:
- Degree qualified in a relevant discipline (e.g. Electrical or Mechanical engineering) or equivalent professional experience.
- Evidenced experience in the management of complex development projects with a technology focus from opportunity through to detailed design.
- Experience in the Offshore and Onshore renewable energy sector, knowledge of the oil and gas sector would be an advantage.
- Experience in client management and development of longstanding client relationships.
- Practical understanding of the operation of the UK electricity network including
- Connection application documentation
- Experience in analysing network offers
- Practical understanding of the electrical connection of generation projects to the electricity grid network.
- Experience in the financial management of projects, meeting strict timelines and budgets
- Commercial awareness of the energy industry.
Your bases could be either in our Glasgow or Edinburgh office, you will be asked to attend meetings at our other office locations, or travel to client’s offices or sites as project work requires. This may include international travel, where necessary. ITPEnergised is pleased to consider flexible working arrangements.
The following key areas of activity will deliver these areas of development potential:
- Technical excellence
The Technology team operates across a broad range of projects from single wind turbine installations and onsite generation to multi-GW offshore generation, grid and private wire projects. Engineering standards and practices are constantly evolving and as a business it is essential that we remain current and maintain constant vigilance on the technical quality of our work. You will liaise with our power systems and engineering design teams and work closely with the Head of Development Project Management and the Director of Technology Services, to refresh and enhance our systems and practices. A key part of the job will be to, write and check work released to clients and to work with the team to engender pride in the quality of our outputs. Client and internal feedback should be used by way of continuous improvement.
2. Staff development and mentoring
You will be working with a hard-working, busy team of professionals. A key part of your role will be to support staff by sharing your knowledge. Our continual aim is to bring out the best of everyone, and wherever possible provide a tailored career trajectory. Our team leads should be leading by example, getting involved in all aspects of project delivery as appropriate and remaining available and accessible to support staff.
3. Develop and enhance the service offering
In the medium-term, and working with business development sector leads, you will explore enhancement and development of the Development Project Management Service – this will build on our existing services and be based on market trends. Working with the other Technology teams you will look for new opportunities for improvement or expansion of ITPEnergised’s services.
4. Business planning support
You will support the Head of Development Project Management and the Director of Technology Services with business planning around key service areas by contributing to the business plans and budget setting, identifying the focus sectors, service line enhancement and new service areas, to support revenue and growth opportunities.
Outline Remuneration Offer
- Salary: Negotiable depending on capability and experience.
- Pension: 5% EE contribution / 5% staff contribution.
- Holidays: 25 days (including 3 days over Christmas and New Year), plus 9 public holidays (pro rata)
- One professional membership.
Additional Employee Benefits
- Life Assurance up to 3 times your annual salary.
- Private medical cover.
- Employee Referral Scheme
ITPEnergised is committed to providing all employees and candidates for employment with equal opportunities. We wish to ensure that all employees shall have equality of opportunity for employment and advancement based on their suitability for work – regardless of their race, religion, colour, ethnic or national origin, gender, gender reassignment, sexual orientation, marital status, age, working hours, type of contract, disability or community background
To apply for this role please send your CV and covering letter to HR@itpenergised.com by
Friday 24th September 2021.
Please include confirmation of your eligibility to work in the United Kingdom.