We hope you will consider joining ITPEnergised (ITPE). We want you and the business to be successful and for ITPE to be a stimulating and fun place to work. We believe passionately in the world’s transition to net zero, and our global coverage, international specialists and ‘trusted advisor’ approach have earned us an outstanding reputation with clients across sectors, technologies and geographies.
This role is highly important in ensuring the business continues to thrive and grow, always with a view to our passionate aspiration of supporting the world’s transition to net zero. As with any role in the business, there will be a requirement for adaptability and flexibility, with an emphasis on our core values:
- Entrepreneurial & innovative
- Client focused, developing long-term relationships
- A people business
- Technically excellent in our service offerings, with a focus on adding value
- A fun place to work
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Your role will require the following experience and capabilities:
- Experience in supporting clients with both AIS and GIS substation designs as they take energy projects through various stages of a project lifecycle from feasibility to construction in both the onshore and offshore sectors.
- Experience in technical due diligence and asset owner´s engineer work for Low voltage and High Voltage substation equipment
- Experienced in substation equipment rating and understanding of International Electrotechnical Commission (IEC) and other electrical standard relevant to substations
- Knowledge of present developments in LV and HV substation design and equipment
- Experience in preparing Single Line Diagram, Key Line Drawings (SLD, KLD
- Writing a substation equipment technical specification for works information for an energy project and technically evaluate the substation design package within a tender return.
- Have experience of witness testing of substation equipment would be an advantage
- Manage projects and present substation design to clients in reports and presentations.
- An understanding of CDM legislation and experience of application to projects in design and construction
- Embedding quality assurance practices, ensuring deliverables are technically excellent, demonstrating innovation and value and producing a high standard of client-tailored end deliverables.
- Mentor and share your knowledge and experience with the team to further develop the team’s expertise.
- Develop business relationships with companies and co-professionals that will provide new opportunities for the business to provide our range of services.
- Assisting with business planning and delivering budgets, working with the sector and service leads.
- Experience of sitting on a relevant working group would be advantageous.
- Contributing to “Thought Leadership” on your areas of expertise to support the enhancement of our brand.
Specifically, it is envisaged that there are a number of key areas of activity which will deliver these areas of development potential:
The Technology team operates across a broad range of projects from single wind turbine installations and onsite generation to multi-GW offshore generation, grid and private wire projects. Engineering standards and practices are constantly evolving and as a business it is essential that we remain current and maintain constant vigilance on the technical quality of our work. You will liaise with our other Technology Service teams in Power Systems and Development Project Management and Regulation, and work closely with the teams to refresh and enhance our systems and practices. A key part of the job will be to, write and review work released to clients and to work with the team to engender pride in the quality of our outputs. Client and internal feedback should be used by way of continuous improvement.
STAFF DEVELOPMENT AND MENTORING
You will be working with a hard-working, busy team of professionals. A key part of your role will be to support staff by sharing your knowledge. Our continual aim is to bring out the best of everyone, and wherever possible provide a tailored career trajectory.
DEVELOP AND ENHANCE THE SERVICE OFFERING
In the medium-term, and working with business development sector leads, you will explore enhancement and development of the Engineering Services offering – this will build on our existing services and be based on market trends. Working with the other Technology teams you will look for new opportunities for improvement or expansion of ITPEnergised’s services.
BUSINESS PLANNING SUPPORT
You will support the Heads of department in Technology Services with business planning around key service areas by contributing to the business plans and budget setting, identifying the focus sectors, service line enhancement and new service areas, to support revenue and growth opportunities.
We offer flexible working in terms of location, you will be asked to attend meetings at our other office locations, or travel to client’s offices or sites as project work requires. This may include international travel, where necessary.
OUTLINE REMUNERATION OFFER
- Salary: Negotiable depending on capability and experience.
- Pension: 5% EE contribution / 5% staff contribution.
- Holidays: 25 days (including 3 days over Christmas and New Year), plus 9 public holidays (pro rata)
- One professional membership.
ADDITIONAL EMPLOYEE BENEFITS
- Life Assurance up to 3 times your annual salary.
- Private medical cover.
- Employee Referral Scheme
ITPEnergised is committed to providing all employees and candidates for employment with equal opportunities. We wish to ensure that all employees shall have equality of opportunity for employment and advancement on the basis of their suitability for work – regardless of their race, religion, colour, ethnic or national origin, gender, gender reassignment, sexual orientation, marital status, age, working hours, type of contract, disability or community background.
To apply for this role please send your CV and covering letter to HR@itpenergised.com by Friday 21st May 2021. Please include confirmation of your eligibility to work in the United Kingdom.