We believe passionately in the world’s transition to net zero, and our global coverage, international specialists and ‘trusted advisor’ approach have earned us an outstanding reputation with clients across sectors, technologies and geographies.
This role is highly important in ensuring the business continues to thrive and grow, always with a view to our passionate aspiration of supporting the world’s transition to net zero. As with any role in the business, there will be a requirement for adaptability and flexibility, with an emphasis on our core values:
- Entrepreneurial & innovative
- Client focused, developing long-term relationships
- A people business
- Technically excellent in our service offerings, with a focus on adding value
- A fun place to work
Duties and responsibilities
Our Sustainable Business team is experiencing a significant increase in work delivering ESG support, advice and strategy development across the sectors we operate in and is looking to hire a Senior Consultant to support.
ESG is a broad, rapidly emerging and evolving subject and the right enthusiasm and attitude to building a successful and sustainable ESG offering is as important as sector specific experience. The ideal candidate will ideally have experience delivering technical and strategic ESG consultancy in at least one of the following sectors: finance, oil, gas and energy and food manufacturing, with a willingness to develop and extrapolate their skills into the others.
Previous experience delivering ESG projects is preferred, but as important, is an enthusiasm and awareness for the “hot topic” ESG issues challenging organisations today as they navigate the energy transition and strive to work in a responsible and sustainable manner.
We are looking for an individual who has had experience working in climate change risk and opportunity with a minimum of 3 years in a consulting environment. The ideal candidate will have working knowledge of the various ESG and climate change related frameworks, benchmarks and trends and be able to showcase this experience with specific project examples.
Your knowledge and experience will include, but not be limited to, the following areas:
- Providing technical expertise and strategic advice in relation to climate change related projects
- Knowledge of key climate and energy related concepts (e.g., GHG emissions accounting, TCFD, Net Zero)
- Project experience relating to the delivery of the various sustainability and ESG benchmarks (e.g. GRESB, UN PRI, CDP)
- Good understanding of the various sustainability and ESG reporting frameworks (e.g. GRI, SASB)
- Experience of working with data and data management
While we recognise every candidate has their own unique set of skills and experience, we feel the ideal candidate for this role should be able to demonstrate knowledge of, or have experience in the following skills and attributes:
- Managing and mentoring consultancy teams
- Project management and Client engagement skills
- Excellent report writing and communication skills
- Good business development skills.
- Ability to offer advice and guidance in a prompt, commercially focussed and professional manner; and
- Working knowledge of HSE procedures and standards
Teamworking skills are essential, and you will be responsible for your own workload and time management. You will be willing to travel within the UK and overseas as required from time to time to deliver the above job description. The role can be based in any of our UK offices (Edinburgh, Glasgow, London or Bristol), and ITPEnergised is pleased to consider flexible working arrangements.
Outline Remuneration Offer
- Salary: Negotiable depending on capability and experience.
- Pension: 5% EE contribution / 5% staff contribution.
- Holidays: 25 days (including 3 days over Christmas and New Year), plus 9 public holidays (pro rata)
- One professional membership.
Additional employee benefits
- Life Assurance up to 3 times your annual salary.
- Private medical cover.
- Employee Referral Scheme
ITPEnergised is committed to providing all employees and candidates for employment with equal opportunities. We wish to ensure that all employees shall have equality of opportunity for employment and advancement on the basis of their suitability for work – regardless of their race, religion, colour, ethnic or national origin, gender, gender reassignment, sexual orientation, marital status, age, working hours, type of contract, disability or community background.
To apply for this role please send your CV and covering letter to HR@itpenergised.com by:
Friday 24th September 2021.
Please include confirmation of your eligibility to work in the United Kingdom.