We believe passionately in the world’s transition to net zero, and our global coverage, international specialists and ‘trusted advisor’ approach have earned us an outstanding reputation with clients across sectors, technologies and geographies.
This role is highly important in ensuring the business continues to thrive and grow, always with a view to our passionate aspiration of supporting the world’s transition to net zero. As with any role in the business, there will be a requirement for adaptability and flexibility, with an emphasis on our core values:
- Entrepreneurial & innovative
- Client focused, developing long-term relationships
- A people business
- Technically excellent in our service offerings, with a focus on adding value
- A fun place to work
We believe in Being Confident, Being Curious and Taking Ownership, and we encourage these behaviours across our entire organisation. If this sounds like your kind of workplace, we hope you’ll consider joining us.
Background to the opportunity
ITPEnergised is a client-focused consultancy, providing project management, feasibility assessment and environmental and energy services to a range of sectors, including onshore and offshore renewables, urban development and infrastructure, industrial & manufacturing, and oil & gas (energy transition).
As part of our ongoing development, we are now seeking to build on our team’s GIS capabilities through recruiting a GIS and CAD manager. Working with our Head of Digital Services and our GIS Developer as well as the diverse team of GIS users within our various technical teams, you will oversee the production of quality GIS deliverables and graphics, manage resourcing and planning of GIS/graphics delivery work, oversee quality assurance and continual improvement, and provide important training and guidance. This is a great opportunity to support the growth of an exciting consulting business, consolidating and supporting the development of our GIS, CAD and graphics delivery.
We are primarily interested in candidates with a keen interest in further developing a GIS team from the ground up and working across multiple diverse teams. The candidate needs to be a self-starter, creating short-, medium- and long-term vision driving the prioritisation and execution of efficiency improvement and quality of geospatial within ITPEnergised. They need to have good communication skills, able to understand the needs of multiple teams. Ideally, they also need to have an interest in broader geospatial developments in combination with industry-specific developments in renewable energy. Key aspects of the role include developing a dedicated team, avenues to improve quality of work and speed of delivery, and commercially viable innovation in geospatial software and products.
Duties and responsibilities
Depending on your experience and skill set, your roles and areas of focus would entail:
- Manage resourcing and provide expertise for GIS, CAD and graphics deliverables, in liaison with the technical teams;
- Lead on QA and QC of GIS deliverables, ensuring consistency and accuracy;
- Work with sector and service leads to identify and implement geospatial product development to meet business needs;
- Promote the use of GIS products and communicate geospatial developments across the business;
- Manage organisational GIS and geospatial data, including the administration of user accounts, credit usages, and software and data licensing;
- Act as a line manager for staff as appropriate e.g. GIS/graphics technicians, and support in recruitment.
- Oversee geospatial project proposals and production of map deliverables to ensure consistency and accuracy;
- Develop and implement tools for monitoring the efficiency and effectiveness of delivery of GIS/graphics work, liaising with technical teams to ensure accurate budgeting;
- Manage and maintain GIS/graphics standards and provide support to in-house GIS users to ensure high-quality delivery
- Identify GIS training requirements and develop and deliver suitable in-house training, and/or identify suitable third-party training as appropriate
- Work with the Digital team to support the development and adoption of GIS products, apps and software across the business.
We offer flexible working options to suit domestic arrangements. Your role may require occasional travel to our other office locations, clients’ offices and sites. This may include international travel.
While we recognize every candidate has their own unique set of skills and experience, we feel the idea candidate for this role should be able to demonstrate knowledge of, or have experience in the following skills and attributes:
- Degree educated (or equivalent) in GIS or related subject
- Strong and demonstrable skills with ESRI products (ArcMap, ArcGIS Pro, ArcGIS Online, ArcGIS Apps) and open source (QGIS)
- Project management experience including planning, resourcing, reporting, testing and delivery of strategic projects
- Drive to improve efficiency and develop innovative solutions, and engagement with broader geospatial and industry-specific trends
- Organisation and accuracy of record-keeping and documentation
- Excellent communication skills, with experience in developing and delivering training and support
- Excellent prioritisation and time management skills, with the ability to manage numerous tasks concurrently
- Genuine passion for supporting the drive towards Net Zero through high-quality work on exciting projects.
The following skills and attributes would also be desirable:
- Understanding of any of the following: planning, development and environmental assessment, feasibility studies and routing/siting of renewable energy/electrical infrastructure, would be advantageous
- AutoCAD experience
- Graphics experience
- Python or other scripting experience
Your work location is up to you! We are big believers in flexible working, and that includes working from home. If you prefer an office environment, we have offices in Edinburgh. Glasgow, London and Bristol, and we are happy to talk about hybrid working patterns.
You may be asked to attend meetings at our office locations, or travel to clients’ offices or sites as project work requires. This may include international travel, where necessary.
Outline Remuneration Offer
- Salary: DOE (agreed salary to be based on skills and experience)
- Pension: 5% EE contribution / 5% staff contribution
- Holidays: 34 days pro rata (including bank holidays and 3 compulsory days over Christmas and New Year)
- One professional membership subscription
Additional Employee Benefits
- Life Assurance up to 3 times your annual salary
- Private Medical Insurance
- Employee Referral Scheme
- Truly Agile and Flexible Working (we mean it!)
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Mentoring Scheme
- Talent Development Programme
- True Ownership and Accountability from Day One
- Regular Team Lunches and Coffee Mornings (optional but encouraged!)
If this role is of interest and you like the sound of how we like to work, we’d love to hear from you. Cover letters are optional, but they really help in the shortlisting process.
Please send your CV and optional cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with a brief outline of why you are attracted to the role. Please be sure to include your name in the file title (e.g.’ J Smith CV’ or ‘J Smith Cover Letter’).
The closing date for applications is 28th February 2023.
ITPEnergised is committed to providing all employees and candidates for employment with equal opportunities. We wish to ensure that all employees shall have equality of opportunity for employment and advancement based on their suitability for work – regardless of their race, religion, colour, ethnic or national origin, gender, gender reassignment, sexual orientation, marital status, age, working hours, type of contract, disability or community background.