POWER SYSTEMS ANALYSIS
Power systems modelling and analysis allows us to create a model of an electrical network in software then simulate operation to analyse operating conditions, check equipment rating, simulate abnormal conditions such as faults and assess the impact of future changes to a network before implementation.
Power systems modelling and analysis can be performed from the feasibility stage of a project through all subsequent project stages to compliance testing and energisation. We use DigSilent/PowerFactory, PSS/E, EMTDC/PSCAD, Python and MATLAB software and can support your projects to optimise design, reducing effort and expense.
- Load flow studies and reactive power capability, compensation equipment specification and optimisation.
- Short circuit (fault level), equipment rating.
- Transient network strength studies and stability (SCR, weak grid).
- Electrical losses (and design optimisation of electrical losses).
- Grid Code compliance tests, studies and model validation.
- Cable rating, including offshore dynamic cable rating.
- Network constraint modelling.
ITPEnergised led a group of six international consultants to assess the opportunity for the deployment of Ocean Energy projects in the waters surrounding Barbados. Read more...
Erebus is a pioneering 96MW floating offshore wind demonstration project in the Celtic Sea. Read more...