We are very proud to now have 8 qualified Mental Health First Aiders at ITPEnergised who are available for a chat and to lend an ear to their colleagues at any time. We recognise that the pressures of daily life in and out of the office, can sometimes take their toll. We have a responsibility to support our team, offering a safe, supportive and non-judgmental environment in which to work, develop and thrive.
Or team received their in-depth mental health training from Christo Hudson at The Black Box Approach and very well done to our Mental Health First Aiders pictured below for their time and commitment.
About the training
The Mental Health First Aid Course which our volunteers went through qualified them as Mental Health First Aiders and gave them:
- An in-depth understanding of mental health and the factors that can affect wellbeing
- Practical skills to spot the triggers and signs of range of mental health issues
- Confidence to step in, reassure and support a person in distress using an action plan
- Enhanced interpersonal skills such as non-judgemental listening
- Knowledge to help someone recover by guiding them to further support
- Understanding of how to keep yourself safe while performing your role
The benefits of the training include:
- Reduces stigma around mental ill health
- Gives you increased confidence to have a supportive conversation about mental health
- Promotes equity and understanding around mental health from different perspectives
- Helps to build supportive communities and promotes open conversations about mental health
- Encourages self-care, giving you the tools to look after your own and others’ mental health
- Promotes early intervention and recovery, which can prevent an individual’s mental health deteriorating
Why did ITPEnergised choose to train Mental Health First Aiders?
It is estimated that poor mental health costs UK employers £45 billion a year. Stress, anxiety and depression make up for over 50% of all reasons for workplace illness. It is vital in today’s constantly changing environment that you are aware of what is really going on with your colleagues, friends and family. This course can help to reduce staff turnover, cut sickness absence and increase staff engagement.
Having trained Mental Health First Aiders strategically placed within ITPEnergised will help to create a safer workplace where our net zero consultant team can thrive and feel supported.