Client: W.N Lindsay
Location: Various Scotland, UK
The ITPE team has worked successfully on the production of numerous Energy Performance Certificates (EPCs) for a variety of non-domestic properties all over the UK.
Building owners are legally required to provide an EPC on construction, sale or rental of a building to a new tenant. The purpose of the EPC is to provide an indication of how energy efficient a building is and to provide advice on how the energy efficiency of the building could be improved.
ITPE were commissioned to undertake the production of EPCs for a portfolio of granary mill buildings located throughout Scotland, to aid with the acquisition of the W.N Lindsay grain merchant business by malting company, Simpsons Malt.
- A site visit by one of our qualified Non-Domestic Energy Assessors (NDEAs).
- On-site data gathering utilising relevant construction and Operations and Maintenance (O&M) manuals
- Non-intrusive building survey.
- EPC modelling and data analysis using Government approved software packages.
- Production of accompanying Recommendation Report for each site.
ITPE were able to undertake the assessments and modelling work with tight timescales to enable the transaction timescales to be met.
The EPCs were lodged on the Scottish EPC Register, fulfilling the legal obligations of the seller.
The transaction completed successfully early in 2021.
Download the case study PDF here.