We believe passionately in the world’s transition to net zero, and our global coverage, international specialists and ‘trusted advisor’ approach have earned us an outstanding reputation with clients across sectors, technologies and geographies.
This role is highly important in ensuring the business continues to thrive and grow, always with a view to our passionate aspiration of supporting the world’s transition to net zero. As with any role in the business, there will be a requirement for adaptability and flexibility, with an emphasis on our core values:
- Entrepreneurial & innovative
- Client focused, developing long-term relationships
- A people business
- Technically excellent in our service offerings, with a focus on adding value
- A fun place to work
Background to the role
As part of our ongoing development, we are now seeking to complement our growing Technology Services team with an experienced Senior Power Systems Engineer.
Duties and responsibilities
Your role will focus primarily on:
- Engaging with the electricity transmission, distribution companies and the Electricity System Operator in the UK.
- Understanding of the UK Grid Code and specifically application of the requirements to generation projects.
- Practical experience conducting detailed power system studies including load flow, short circuit analysis, fault ride through and EMT using industry standard software solutions
- Sharing your knowledge and experience with the team to further develop the team’s expertise
- Management and mentoring of graduates/consultants.
- Understanding, communicating, and analysing energy regulatory framework and keeping abreast of changes and impacts to clients.
- Developing business relationships with companies and co-professionals that will provide new opportunities for the business to provide our range of services.
- Contributing to “Thought Leadership” on your areas of expertise to support the enhancement of our brand.
- Degree qualified in a relevant discipline (e.g., Electrical or Mechanical engineering) or equivalent professional experience.
- Experience in, or willingness to learn client management and development of longstanding client relationships.
- Experience in, or willing to learn the financial management of projects, meeting strict timelines and budgets
- Commercial awareness of the energy industry.
- Good working knowledge of the full lifecycle of regulatory framework for connection renewable projects to the grid for both Transmission and Distribution projects
- Experience of dealing with Ofgem would be an advantage
- Experience in the Offshore and Onshore renewable energy sector and knowledge of the oil and gas sector would be an advantage.
The Technology team operates across a broad range of projects from single wind turbine installations and onsite generation to multi-GW offshore generation, grid and private wire projects. Engineering standards and practices are constantly evolving and as a business it is essential that we remain current and maintain constant vigilance on the technical quality of our work. You will liaise with our power systems and engineering design teams and work closely with the Head of Development Project Management and the Director of Technology Services, to refresh and enhance our systems and practices. A key part of the job will be to write and check work released to clients and to work with the team to engender pride in the quality of our outputs. Client and internal feedback should be used by way of continuous improvement.
Staff development and mentoring
You will be working with a hard-working, busy team of professionals. A key part of your role will be to support staff by sharing your knowledge. Our continual aim is to bring out the best of everyone, and wherever possible provide a tailored career trajectory. Our team leads should be leading by example, getting involved in all aspects of project delivery as appropriate and remaining available and accessible to support staff.
Develop and enhance the service offering
In the medium-term, and working with business development sector leads, you will explore enhancement and development of the Development Project Management Service – this will build on our existing services and be based on market trends. Working with the other Technology teams you will look for new opportunities for improvement or expansion of ITPEnergised’s services.
Business planning support
You will support the Head of Development Project Management and the Director of Technology Services with business planning around key service areas by contributing to the business plans and budget setting, identifying the focus sectors, service line enhancement and new service areas, to support revenue and growth opportunities.
Your work location is up to you! We are big believers in flexible working, and that includes working from home. If you prefer an office environment, we have offices in Edinburgh. Glasgow, London and Bristol, and we are happy to talk about hybrid working patterns.
You may be asked to attend meetings at our office locations, or travel to clients’ offices or sites as project work requires. This may include international travel, where necessary.
Outline Remuneration Offer
- Salary: Dependent on experience
- Pension: 5% EE contribution / 5% staff contribution.
- Holidays: 25 days (including 3 days over Christmas and New Year), plus 8 public holidays
- One professional membership.
Additional Employee Benefits
- Life Assurance up to 3 times your annual salary
- Private Medical Insurance
- Employee Referral Scheme
- Truly Agile and Flexible Working
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Mentoring Scheme
- Talent Development Programme
- True Ownership and Accountability from Day One
- Regular Team Lunches and Coffee Mornings (optional, but encouraged)
If this role is of interest and you like the sound of how we like to work, we’d love to hear from you. Cover letters are optional, but they really help in the shortlisting process.
Please send your CV and optional cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with a brief outline of why you are attracted to the role. Please be sure to include your name in the file title (e.g.’ J Smith CV’ or ‘J Smith Cover Letter’).
The closing date for applications is 28th February 2023.
ITPEnergised is committed to providing all employees and candidates for employment with equal opportunities. We wish to ensure that all employees shall have equality of opportunity for employment and advancement based on their suitability for work – regardless of their race, religion, colour, ethnic or national origin, gender, gender reassignment, sexual orientation, marital status, age, working hours, type of contract, disability or community background.