We believe passionately in the world’s transition to net zero, and our global coverage, international specialists and ‘trusted advisor’ approach have earned us an outstanding reputation with clients across sectors, technologies and geographies.
This role is highly important in ensuring the business continues to thrive and grow, always with a view to our passionate aspiration of supporting the world’s transition to net zero. As with any role in the business, there will be a requirement for adaptability and flexibility, with an emphasis on our core values:
- Entrepreneurial & innovative
- Client focused, developing long-term relationships
- A people business
- Technically excellent in our service offerings, with a focus on adding value
- A fun place to work
We believe in Being Confident, Being Curious and Taking Ownership, and we encourage these behaviours across our entire organisation. If this sounds like your kind of workplace, we hope you’ll consider joining us.
Background to the role
As part of our ongoing development, we are now seeking to complement our growing Energy Management and Low Carbon Transition team with experienced Consultants (1+ years’ experience) Senior (3+ years) or Principal Consultant (5+ years).
Duties and responsibilities
The ideal candidates will have relevant experience in the energy industry, ideally in a similar consulting environment to ITPEnergised. The candidates will have a background in energy management or engineering (energy, mechanical, process) and working knowledge of thermal and renewable energy technologies, including emerging technologies and ideally experience in the industrial, FMCG and utility sectors.
Your knowledge and experience may include, but not limited to, the following areas (dependent on grade):
- Providing technical expertise and advice in relation to energy efficiency improvements and in renewable and low carbon energy generation
- Site-based assessments and opportunities identification, covering a full range of technologies including CHP, renewables, waste to energy, HVAC, lighting, boiler and steam systems, refrigeration, compressed air and electrical, instrumentation and control systems
- Due Diligence/technical feasibility assessment including technical and business case modelling
- Energy auditing, energy and carbon foot printing and compliance reporting
- Collection, analysis and interpretation of datasets/establishing baseline performance and monitoring and targeting protocols
- Working knowledge of UK (and potentially international) energy legislation including SECR and ESOS requirements, ideally as Lead Assessor
- Experience in energy management good practice ideally with ISO50001 implementation and system maintenance.
- Energy/carbon policy developments, energy markets and wider energy/sustainability issues.
While we recognise every candidate has their own unique set of skills and experience, we feel the ideal candidates for these roles should be able to demonstrate knowledge of, or have experience in the following skills and attributes:
- Exceptional project management abilities
- Excellent report writing and communication skills
- Client management, proposal writing and business development
- Ability to offer advice and guidance in a prompt, commercially focussed and professional manner
- Working knowledge of HSE procedures and standards.
- Managing and mentoring consultancy teams (Senior and Principal grade)
Your work location is up to you! We are big believers in flexible working, and that includes working from home. If you prefer an office environment, we have offices in Edinburgh. Glasgow, London and Bristol, and we are happy to talk about hybrid working patterns.
You may be asked to attend meetings at our office locations, or travel to clients’ offices or sites as project work requires. This may include international travel, where necessary.
Outline Remuneration Offer
- Salary: DOE (agreed salary to be based on skills and experience)
- Pension: 5% EE contribution / 5% staff contribution
- Holidays: 34 days pro rata (including bank holidays and 3 compulsory days over Christmas and New Year)
- One professional membership subscription
Additional Employee Benefits
- Life Assurance up to 3 times your annual salary
- Private Medical Insurance
- Employee Referral Scheme
- Truly Agile and Flexible Working (we mean it!)
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Mentoring Scheme
- Talent Development Programme
- True Ownership and Accountability from Day One
- Regular Team Lunches and Coffee Mornings (optional but encouraged!)
If this role is of interest and you like the sound of how we like to work, we’d love to hear from you. Cover letters are optional, but they really help in the shortlisting process.
Please send your CV and optional cover letter to email@example.com with a brief outline of why you are attracted to the role. Please be sure to include your name in the file titles (e.g.’ J Smith CV’ or ‘J Smith Cover Letter’).
The closing date for applications is 28th February 2023 and we encourage early applications.
ITPEnergised is committed to providing all employees and candidates for employment with equal opportunities. We wish to ensure that all employees shall have equality of opportunity for employment and advancement based on their suitability for work – regardless of their race, religion, colour, ethnic or national origin, gender, gender reassignment, sexual orientation, marital status, age, working hours, type of contract, disability or community background.