The purpose of this year’s summit is to bring countries together to agree and accelerate action to get the world back on track to achieve the Paris objective. Alok Sharma, COP26 President announced five priority areas for the conference last year, which are:
- Adaptation and resilience: helping people and the environment adapt and prepare for the impacts of climate change.
- Nature: protecting natural habitats and keeping CO2 out of the atmosphere with more nature-based solutions.
- Energy transition: seizing the huge opportunities of cheaper renewables and storage, whilst moving away from fossil fuels.
- Clean transport: accelerating the move to zero-carbon vehicles.
- Finance: unleashing finance to make the shift to a zero-carbon economy possible.
As we Countdown to COP26, over the next five months ITPEnergised will be aiming to generate some thought leadership to ignite conversation and challenge everyone in our network to think about how their business activities can contribute to achieving the internationally agreed climate change targets. We’ll also be turning the spotlight on notable projects we have undertaken to support these five areas.
At ITPEnergised, we understand the challenges that individuals, companies and countries face. Our passionate and knowledgeable team bring experience, solutions, ideas and support to help our clients and sectors unlock the complexities and transition to net zero. We’ve all got a part to play in achieving a sustainable future, and we are proud of the work we have done and continue to do in mitigating climate change and with our clients, contributing to a sustainable future. We hope you’ll join us on our countdown journey to this important milestone.